Friday, February 3, 2012

Tasting - Petals: Gewurztraminer

Name: Petals
Variety: Gewurztraminer
Region:Pfalz
Country: Germany
Year: 2009
Price: $7.99

Petals Review:
Off-Dry, Citrus, Spice, Light-bodied

Pfalz, Germany- If you could put spring in a bottle, what would it taste like? Petals! The vibrant floral package reveals a wine bursting with flavors of citrus, litchi fruit and spice along with a hint of sweetness that captures the spirit of spring.

My First Impression: I didn't like the first Gewurztraminer I tried. This one also has a prettier label. Lets see how it goes. My fiances father brought it home so I have to try it.


Smells Like: flowers with some hint of pineapple. This was a very un-expecting scent from a Gewurztraminer (i will be great at spelling this variety by the end of the semester). This wine was not my all time favorite, but it wasn't awful.

Tastes Like: tart pears with a taste of pineapple. At first this wine was very bitter like fruit that is not yet ripe. I am guessing the taste that I didn't enjoy is the rose petal flavor. Once this wine opened up a little bit it was a little more enjoyable with the pears and pineapples coming through a little more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment