Friday, February 3, 2012

Tasting - Mionetto: Sparkling Moscoto


Name: Mionetto
Variety: Moscoto
Region: Veneto
Country: Italy
Year: no year found. but noted to drink no later than 3 months after purchase
Price: $10.99

Wine Makers Notes: This gentle-sparkling wine is fresh and crisp with a floral bouquet and fruit finish. The gentle efferves- cence of this distinctive white wine makes it a favorite at celebrations and social gatherings. Perfect for summer patio parties!

My First Impression: Super cool looking bottle. Kinda nervous to open a sparkling wine that has a pop top lid. Luckily we didn't spill any!!

Smells Like: Super fruity. This wine was very fruity and no smell of alcohol (it was only 7%, probably why I enjoyed it). There was a smell of crisp apples and some peach.

Tastes Like: fizzy, fruity, smooth, sweet, short aftertaste, sweet pear and melon. This wine had almost a nectar taste. There was also a distinct crisp sweet apple flavor. I loved the taste of the first moscoto I had and this one is even better, because i love the bubbles!!!

This is definitely my favorite wine that I have had since this class started. But I think I am biased because I love fizzy drinks!

No comments:

Post a Comment