Friday, February 3, 2012

Tasting - Woop Woop: Shiraz

Name: Woop Woop
Variety: Shiraz
Regions: Wrattonbully, Langhorne,
Country: Australia
Year: 2010
Price: $13.99

Winemaker, Ben Riggs's Review: A full-bodied and flavoursome wine, deep-hued with richly scented aromatics and a long, soft and juicy palate. Of lush mouthfeel, bursting with blackberry, blueberry jam and liquorice, this wine guarantees a true Australian Shiraz experience for consumption over the next 5 years.

My First Impression: Thats a really pretty sunset/rise and I wanna be there. Not to mention the name just screams: FUN!

Smells like: blackberry, woody, and a hint of black cherry. This wine was hard for me to pick out some scents. I could smell the berry initially but it wasn't a very sweet berry. Then the woody smell came through. I wasn't sure if it was a woody smell or more of a dirt smell or a combination of the two.

Tastes like: WHOA! That was potent! My first taste was hot, tart and dry. It definitely made my face pucker. Once I got past the potent level of alcohol flavor, it was difficult to detect tastes. I let it sit for a little while and went back to it to try to get a flavor and I could taste some blackberry. I feel like this wine would taste better with some food.

1 comment: