Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Tasting - Sutter Home: White Zinfandel

Name: Sutter Home
Variety: White Zinfandel
Region: Nappa Valley, California
Country: USA
Year: 2010
Price: $5.20

Wine Makers Notes: A delicate blush pink color introduces this fresh, lively wine. On your palate, light creaminess surrenders to a refreshing crisp finish of strawberries and melon. Enjoy chilled as an aperitif, or partnered with all types of foods, particularly those with a slight spiciness, such as Asian or Latin cuisine.

Varietal Information: Produced from red Zinfandel grapes grown in the upper Sacramento and northern San Joaquin valleys. Grapes for this bottling were harvested early in the growing season (early to mid-August) at low sugars (18-19 degrees Brix) and relatively high acids to maximize the freshness typical of this wine.

My First Impression: My fiance's mom loves white zin and its always at every party she has so I figured I would buy my own bottle and try it out! It sounds like it will be delish.

Sniffy Sniff: Fruity - citrusy - lemon, Fruity - melon and fresh strawberries. It smells amazing. I smell a hint of green apple.

Slurpy Slurp: There is a creaminess to this wine and some melon, then finishes with fresh strawberries. Medium to long after taste - its not a bad one though, it is quite enjoyable. There is a little bit of heat on the end as well, but not too bad.

Overall: I really enjoy this wine. I have almost finished the whole body. I totally understand what all the rave is and this will definitely be a bottle of wine that I will keep in my house!

No comments:

Post a Comment