Saturday, March 17, 2012

Tasting - Maison Foucher Chinon La Vigne en Veron

Name: Maison Foucher Chinon La Vigne en Veron
Variety: 
Region: 
Country: 
Year: 2010
Price: $12.95

Wine Makers Notes: This Chinon comes from the villages of Rivier, Beaumont en Veron and Savigny en Veron. The spoils here are a mix of Argilo Calcaire and gravel with tend to produce wines that are a big more approachable with soft tannins and lovely fruit. The core of the blend is a cuvee of old vines (40-50 years) raised mostly in used barriques, 1-3 years old. The balance is aged in tank, creating a wine that is bright, fresh, and aromatic, with lovely cut. A perfect wine for picnics or by the glass in bistro like settings. 

Sniffy Sniff: The nose on this wine was hard to decipher. I detected a sweet smell and some kind of berries, maybe even some plum. 

Slurppy Slurp: This wine dried my mouth out a lot, but the after taste was short. I could taste some berry with maybe some cherry on the finish. It is hard for me to pick out tastes because I get distracted by the wine drying my mouth out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment