Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Tasting - Girard: Cabernet Savignon

Name: Girard
Variety: Cabernet Savignon
Region: Sonoma, California
Country: USA
Year: 2009
Price: originally $30 on sale for $14.95

Wine Makers Notes: Showcases the forward, ripe fruit and fine polished tannins which the Napa Valley is most prized. The initial aromatic notes are of ripe red fruit and spicy oak. The flavors on the lush palate follow suit, while the finish underscores the high quality of the fruit from which this wine was made. Enjoy it now, but know that this Cabernet will continue to improve with proper aging for another 8 to 12 years.


**side note: oaked for 10 months.**

Sniffy Sniff: Again its a red wine and my palate is still limited - all I can smell are spices and oak with some berries.

Slurppy Slurp: This wine didn't punch me in the face with spices but they were there. I didn't detect much fruit flavor at all but the finish was interesting with just solid oak flavor coming through.

I must say this Cab was one of the better red wines I have tried recently.

No comments:

Post a Comment